- Remove the heads from 24 large raw prawns.
- Put 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a saucepan and gently fry 2 sliced white onions.
Before the onions get golden, add the prawn heads and fry over a high heat, stirring continuously.
Add 3 tablespoons of tomato purée, a pinch of paprika and 330ml of water. Season with salt and pepper, roughly crush the prawn heads and simmer the mixture for 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking, peel the prawns leaving on the tail fin.
Fry them in a little olive oil until they are just golden.
- Pass the sauce through a fine sieve, making sure you crush the heads to get all the flavour, then add a few dashes of Tabasco.
- Serve the prawns coated in the sauce with plain Basmati rice.